Thursday, September 25, 2008

For This I Have Been Waiting

The moment I have waited for has finally taken place. That special moment in life that you have been told for ages by your grandparents and then later on your own parents.... That moment that you have no doubt shared with your friends with the ever lingering thought that someday you too will be able to enjoy a moment like this one. I have been homeschooling my children for eleven years now. It seems like twenty-two. I have enjoyed approximately two point three years,NO WAIT ,that would be two point three weeks of their education. There is alot of pride in the fact that everything they know I have taught to them. On the other hand, it is very humbling to think that all they do not know I have failed to teach them. I had a heart to heart with one of the ,let's just say a Little more mentally challenged children. No, that is a lie. He is just plain lazy. I asked him if he would be interested in going to school somewhere else.... explore other options. He did not even hesitate. Without missing a beat, he said,"Mom, I wouldn't stand a chance somewhere else. No one else would be so patient with me. No one else would push me to do better. You care whether I get it or not." At that moment it happened. All those frustrating days and nights, all the repeated lessons, all the tears I had cried were forever gone. They didn't matter any more. Nothing else really mattered and somehow my vigor came back to a level I hadn't seen in quite a while. Thank you, son. Thank you for saying those all powerful words.... Thank you. Maybe he didn't actually say,"Thank you." He implied it and that is even better. I wonder how long since we said those words to someone we love. How long since we said those longed for words...... Thank you!!!!

1 comment:

luvmyboys said...

That is so sweet! Ethan makes me feel good too by making comments about how I am pretty and thinks its silly for me to wear makeup! LOL